Independent and Government Schools!
Do you have students with developmental, intellectual, behavioural, emotional or social needs?
We provide support for Student Wellbeing and PSD (Program for Students with Disabilities) Coordinators!
We have the resources and expertise to help schools manage student needs as they arise.
We are currently engaging with a pool of psychologists to service schools in the Cardinia and City of Casey regions.
Our educational support services and therapies to schools are at NO CHARGE to parents or schools.
Families and schools can work together through our practical and intensive support.
We work closely with teachers, school wellbeing teams, parents and GPs.
Our services are accessed via referral from a General Practitioner for psychological support, for those who meet the eligibility requirements through the Medicare Benefits Schedule.
We have simple and easy forms for the school and parent to complete for a student you believe will benefit from psychological therapy.
We can provide:
- Classroom observations
- Behaviour management strategies
- Parenting skills support
- Practical strategies and new skills
- Solution-focussed therapy
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Therapy to enhance ongoing emotional resilience for all students
- Improvement to student emotional intelligence
Our staff specialise in children and adolescents, and have current Working With Children checks.
Issues we cover include:
- Parental separation
- Anger management, anxiety disorders
- grief and loss, depression, self-harm, body image, self-esteem
- playground and cyber bullying, relationship and social issues
- sleep problems
- autism spectrum disorder, ADD, ADHD, ODD
- learning disabilities
- drug and alcohol issues
We welcome enquiries from principals, well-being staff, school nurses, students and parents. We are happy to talk on the phone or visit your school.
How it works
Once you have at least four students with GP referral letters, Mental Health Care Plans and the completed Parent Permission Referral Forms, Inspired Honey can begin regular visits to your school.
To facilitate our service to your students we ask you to provide:
- A contact person to facilitate referrals and feedback from the psychologist.
- A suitable room in the school where individual sessions can be conducted with privacy.
We can visit you on a weekly or fortnightly basis, dependent on referrals.
We will arrange appointment times for your students. Schools can also use Compass software for appointments.
Individual sessions take between thirty minutes to 60 minutes as needed.
Contact us today for more information. We welcome all enquiries.
Careers at Inspired Honey
We currently have employment opportunities for psychologists and speech pathologists looking to become part of our professional and supported team.
Contact us today if you are registered with AHPRA, have a Working with Children police check, and are passionate about providing quality mental health care in schools.